Tuesday, July 3, 2012

1st Birthday Party

We threw Natalie a "Very Hungry Caterpillar" themed birthday party - so cute! I'm really happy with the way it turned-out. I got several great ideas from online:



Every food item was one that the Very Hungry Caterpillar ate through in the story:
Oranges, Apples, Pears, Plums, watermelon, cupcakes, chocolate cakes, cherry pies, icecream cones, strawberries, sausages, pickles, salami, cheese, and a green leaf (salad).






I'm also glad that we hired a photographer so that we could just enjoy the party, as well as get great shots! Here is her website: http://www.hailey-crider.com/ 





She loves the pool!


Natalie was sad that pool time was over.



She used a fork on occasion.  ;)



All done!


Why do kids always like the wrapping better than the present?



The caterpillar on the wall is Brian's handiwork.  :)


This really was such a small party - we apologize to all of our friends that we could not invite. :(   It was very hot outside, therefore we had to keep the party small and indoors. Plus I didn't want to overwhelm myself or Natalie by having so many people and kids running around. It was the first kids party that we hosted, so we took it easy. We'll try to include more people next time!

This first year has just flown-by. I cannot believe how big she's grown and how smart she is! I absolutely love being a mom, as I'm sure Brian loves being a dad. Especially to this darling little girl! We can't wait to see what else parenthood has in store for us. What an adventure it's been!

No comments:

Post a Comment