Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Balloons and Sleep


I hosted Melissa's baby shower at my house last Saturday, which was a blast, and we kept the balloons afterward. Natalie LOVED kicking the strings attached to her chair and watching the balloons bounce around!

So Natalie's new thing is sleeping on her stomach (like her daddy). She's been sleeping on her side for the past month, even though I put her to bed on her back. I'm worried about the risk of SIDS, but now that she's strong enough to roll onto her stomach by herself, I can't expect her to stay on her back all night. She enjoys tummy time during the day and can hold her head up well, but is still working on rolling from her tummy onto her back again. It is recommended that you place your baby on her back when you put her down to sleep during the first year, but that risk peaks between the ages of 2 and 4 months and then starts to decline. 90% of SIDS cases involve infants under 6 months of age, so I've got a little ways to go before I stop worrying. At least her mattress is firm and there's nothing else in her crib, so she should be fine.

I like this picture of her with her butt stuck up in the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment