Friday, July 19, 2013

Children's Museum and 4th of July

When people ask me, "What have you done this summer?" I usually respond "Nothing much" or "Just hanging out." As I'm posting more and more blog entries, I'm realizing that we HAVE done a bunch this summer, and I'm glad because I was starting to think we were wasting our time. :)
 
Natalie loves going to the Phoenix Children's Museum (as I'm sure every other child does)! One of her favorite activities: running through the plethora of pool noodles!

 
If you haven't been there, there is an entire section of slides/tubes mounted on the walls where kids can put a ball at the top and see the obstacle course it takes to get to the bottom, with the help of gravity. There are huge puzzles, and small ones. Ones that are pre-built, and ones that you build yourself.


 
A new addition (I think - I just didn't see it there before) is this trough of dry beans. She enjoyed scooping and putting the bean in the scale.


 
Another favorite is the grocery store! Natalie loves to shop for food, filling up her little shopping cart and sending the food down the conveyor rollers (or whatever they're called).


In the birth-3yr. old area, Natalie gets a kick out of standing on top of the fan. Coincidentally, she was wearing a loose top that would balloon when she was on it - hilarious!


 
4th of July was spent with my family at our place. We had hot dogs and watched the boys light novelty fireworks in the street and backyard. Natalie was fine with it until the fireworks started whistling; then she got a little scared and said, "No more."



 
Great picture of Natalie and her Grandpa Joe!

 
Happy 4th of July!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment