Saturday, November 6, 2010

Exhausted!

So I'm only 9 weeks preggers (as Brian likes to call me), off of bed rest now, and somewhat ready to go back to work on Monday. The two weeks off was nice, except the fact that I still graded papers and wrote lessons plans the whole time. But after not moving for 2 weeks, my muscles and respiratory system need to be built back up! I'm exhausted all the time (I'm sure the pregnancy has a part to play in that), and I'm starting to get nauseous more often. Not fun. Luckily, this week will be a 3 day week (thank you, Veterans Day!), so it should make it easier to get into the swing of things. (Notice I thanked the Day, and not the actual Veterans, as I am thankful to them for so much more that just a couple days off of work.)

The dogs have been very cuddly, especially Baxter, ever since I found out that I was pregnant (I think they know). He loves to just curl up in my lap - cute! I'm bummed that I have to wait a month before our next ultrasound, though.  :(

3 comments:

  1. You are tired because growing a baby is super exhausting work!!! Proven fact. Nothing you can do about it, haha.

    I have to take a nap everyday pretty much or I can't make it. When I was teaching, I came home everyday and slept until dinner.

    Glad you are off bed rest and the good part of going back to work? You will be busy so time will go by faster and your next ultrasound will be here before you know it.

    and animals do know...I swear my cats all acted really weird the morning I went into early labor. They knew before I knew what was going on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was exhausted my whole pregnancy, and totally had to take naps everyday. I felt like my whole pregnancy with Parker just dragged on and now he is already here and I look back and wonder where the time went. Good thing is you will be pregnant during the cooler months. Congratulations again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must agree with you about the dog thing. Our dog was around me all time while I was pregnant. They DO know!

    ReplyDelete