So I'm 14 weeks now, and cannot fit into half of my clothes. Thank you Sarah and Jenni for letting me borrow some maternity clothes! So far I've gained 5 pounds in the first trimester, and have been gaining 1 pound a week since then - just like the doctor said. Hopefully I'll stay disciplined and remember that whatever I eat - my baby also eats. So far, I've had major cravings for red apples, Italian food, sour candy, ice cream, and fruit smoothies! Yum.
Also, thank you Tiffany for the kind loan of your baby doppler! Brian and I used it almost immediately after you left to listen to the baby's heartbeat - so awesome! Brian even got out his metronome to measure the beats per minute (150 bpm) - ha! I love my musical husband.
Our baby's supposedly the size of a lemon right now, has fingerprints, and is experiencing reflexes in their developing muscles (so they're moving, but I can't feel it yet). If we're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries! Isn't that crazy?
Aren't you the cutest looking thing?! Glad you are feeling good and I think those are pretty good cravings to have! Nothing bad or weird.
ReplyDeleteand p.s.- there are no eggs in your baby because you are having a boy. just fyi, hehe :)
Joanna you look so awesome!! So glad to hear you are feeling good. Can't wait to hear what you guys are having!! But I think I'm going to have to disagree with Sarah...I think it's a girl!! :)
ReplyDeleteYay! Really? 2 million? Wow.
ReplyDeleteAnd the part about the metronome: nerd win.
CUTE! The doppler takes a bit to register the HB so I just ended up using my secondhand watch. I never thought of using my metronome though. I'm going to agree with Emily, I'm guessing girl too.
ReplyDeleteYou are absolutely adorable! Yay for the 1st trimester being over...now's when the fun begins!! Pretty soon you'll start feeling him/her moving around...I haven't quite made up my mind as to what you are having, but I am leaning towards a boy :o)
ReplyDelete