I'm also really enjoying my body pillow that I received for Christmas. It's training me to sleep on my side (which I hate). I always sleep on my back. But the pillow is super comfy. It's also hurting to stay on my feet for too long. I use a stool in my classroom whenever I can while teaching (which is hard for me, because I'm so used to using proximity to keep students on task). I'm also trying to put my feet up whenever possible.
We still have so much to do; it's kind of overwhelming to think about it. We need to register for baby needs, sign-up for a birthing/lamaze classes, contact our insurance to see how much we can expect to be paying for the delivery and to see which insurance we should add the baby onto (mine or Brian's), and I need to meet with Human Resources to discuss maternity leave options. Ugh! Brian has already started to paint the nursery - I will post pics when he's finished. :)
Also, I unblocked the comment section, so anyone can make a comment (without a Google account).
1. You look great. I would not ask you if you were pregnant, cause it really just looks like you ate a big lunch.
ReplyDelete2. Since you have the same insurance I did when I had Matthew, it was about $5,000 total if you have a normal vaginal delivery. Obviously, things could be totally different, but since we were at a Banner Hospital too- that is what we paid with United Healthcare.
3. Do what I said and have a coke and lay down- I bet you will feel the little bugger moving around.
4. The class we took at Banner for birthing was really good. It was like 5 weeks long and it covered a lot. Just FYI. It talked you through natural childbirth mostly and how to deal with the pain and also told us about the different pain meds and how each affects the baby. It also covered C sections and other things. It was very helpful. Mark and I felt very prepared for the delivery. Plus it was not too expensive- always a bonus.
LASTLY- HOORAY FOR FINDING OUT THE GENDER NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!! I totally think it is a boy- but if I am wrong- I will not even care because either way- the news is good news!!!
I didn't feel my first baby moving until I was 23 weeks or so. Hopefully you won't have to wait that long.
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to get all that stuff done when you are working full time. I'm sure you're exhausted. I never took any kind of birthing class. I just went with an epidural and they told me what to do in the delivery room. I I did check out a few books and videos from the library though. It is good to know what to expect. I know you guys will be ready.
You're looking adorable! I wouldn't ask if you were pregnant either, just looks like you're a little bloated. You look great! I saw that you're struggling with heartburn...Zantac! It has saved my life (and my esophagus)! You can take 75mg or 150mg (which is extra strength). It has worked wonders for me! And I LOVE my body pillow too! You'll appreciate it more and more the further along you get! As far as the insurance stuff and what delivery will cost, my OB researched all that for me and went over it with us at our 24wk appt. They even developed a payment plan option. So before you call and wait on hold w/ur insur company for 20 min, ask your OB if they do that for you. One less thing you'll have to do! :) Can't wait to hear what ur having and to see nursery pics!
ReplyDeleteWhitney
I am so excited for you!!! I think you look pregnant, but I see you everyday. Your little bump is adorable. :)
ReplyDeleteLet me know if the OB will tell you about the hospital fee like your other friend said. That would be awesome as I don't know exactly how much it will cost, either. I will try to remember to ask when I go in on the 19th. I will be hanging out there all the time now, anyway. lol :)
Oh, and I think it is a girl!! But, if it is a boy, he and my son can play trucks or something that boys do. :)
And don't worry about all the stuff. Most of it (besides the insurance) is fun! Registering is uber-fun! :) It reminded me of the wedding registry and how fun it was to just zap everything you want!!!
:) Can't wait to find out what the little Wilson is!!!
~Amelia
I can't wait till you find out what you are having!! I'm voting boy but either way your little one will be absolutely gorgeous!
ReplyDelete