Monday, January 17, 2011

It's a GIRL!!!!

Brian and I were ecstatic to discover that we are having a baby girl! We will post the video soon, but for now, here are some pictures of our lovely daughter at 19 weeks:

Profile

Arm and Hand

Beautiful Face!

Foot

Jazz Hands!

Since the last time we saw her on an ultrasound was when she was the size of a seed, we were astounded to see how much she's grown! She was moving a lot during the ultrasound, however I still cannot feel her moving. The technician said everything looks good, though! We will meet with our OB next week to review the results, too.

One of my students asked me last week if I was pregnant - probably because the latest news was that their other teacher (Amelia) is also pregnant and just told them, so it was the talk of the day. Plus my mood swings and growing belly are becoming more evident, ha! At least that's what my students tell me when I ask them what gave it away. Regardless, my students are so cute and excited for me, and all of the girls want me to name my daughter after them.  :)   I can only picture their parents' reactions when they came home that day saying, "Two of my teachers are pregnant!" - ha!  My plan so far is to keep teaching the rest of this school year, but to take time off at the beginning of the next fall semester.

Brian finished painting the baby's room as soon as we found out it's a girl today! He's such a super husband and soon-to-be daddy! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hooray!! Having a girl will be so super fun for you guys! So many cute clothes to buy. Start saving for prom dresses and a wedding, haha!

    You got some really great ultrasound pics. Our little guy was moving so much at that appointment that we did not get too many of his little face/profile.

    Photogenic little lady already!

    Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some beautiful shots of your little girl! Congratulations again!!

    Her room looks great, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it!!!! So excited for you both! Can't wait to meet her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew it was a girl!!! :) She is so adorable!!! You really did get some great profile shots! Like Sarah, our little guy was moving so much it was hard to get good profile shots - you are so lucky!

    And the nursery looks great! I love the different colored squares. :) I am glad she is doing so well - you two must be thrilled. :)

    See you at work tomorrow!
    ~Amelia

    ReplyDelete