Wednesday, March 9, 2011

6 Months

I cannot believe it's been 6 months already! I also can't believe that I'm actually going to get bigger than this - yikes!



Baby Wilson's feeling heavier by the day, and it's getting harder to accomplish simple tasks like bending down, lifting, staying on my feet for too long, and sitting for too long, etc. We just finished our birthing preparation class at Desert Banner, too. Learned lots of strategies for dealing with pain, as well as what to expect and all of our options. I like to be educated - then I'm not as nervous.  :)

My e-mail updates from Parenting.com say that she's discovered thumb-sucking by now - cute! But the overall best thing so far.... is that I can SEE her moving! It's wild to see little bumps appearing and moving along my belly. She's definitely getting a workout in there!

And I think we finally picked a name: Natalie Elizabeth Wilson.  :)

In other news, Brian's been enjoying few treks up north to go kayaking in this great weather while it lasts. This is his newfound joy, and I'm glad he's becoming such and outdoorsman! He says he can't wait to take his daughter with him sometime - how sweet. We are also playing one of Brian's compositions in the AZ Wind Symphony titled Narrative of a Thunderstorm. This piece was premiered at Carnegie Hall by Desert Vista High School back in 2008, and Brian is very excited to be conducting this piece at our next concert on April 13th. I'm so proud of him!

This weekend begins our Spring Break, but I won't get much of a break. I'm getting some dental work done, blood drawn for glucose testing during pregnancy, taking my school math club to the state competition, and I will be dedicating a lot of time towards school work so that I don't have to do it after school ends in the end of May (since I probably won't have time, especially if Natalie comes early!). Apparently, it's common for first time mothers to be late, though. We shall see.  :)

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful name!! Make sure you take it easy little mama! Your belly looks so cute :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the name!

    You are so prepared...we still don't have a name picked and I am going to have this kid in a few days, haha.

    and...your first few sentences made me laugh...you have no idea just how big you are going to get, haha. It is pretty much insane. I feel like I need a forklift to get me around...

    Glad you went to the class...and you never know when that kiddo will get here. She could be 2 weeks late or she could be early like Matthew was...I agree with you being prepared just in case!

    Hooray for being 6 months!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely glowing, Joanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The name you picked is beautiful and you look beautiful! Vanessa was born 3 weeks early right at 37 weeks, so you never know :)

    ReplyDelete