Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cute Stuff

Oh my gosh, I came across this pic on the homepage of BuyBuyBaby.com. So cute!!! How can anyone with a daughter not just buy all of them?! (Well, besides the money factor.) Adorable!


As we were sitting in church today, I felt Natalie moving around, and could tell that her feet were on my right side. When I told Brian this, he tapped 3 times on my stomach where her feet were, and she kicked back as a response! It was hilarious! I had to try to contain my excitement in the middle of the sermon.  :)

We finished our birthing classes last week, so we're hopefully prepared for whatever comes our way in June! The teacher also happened to be the mom of a past student of mine - wild! She talked about everything: nutrition, labor pain, pre-labor signs, stages of labor, labor positions, relaxation techniques, medical interventions, pain relief, cesarean births, and postpartum. I feel much more comfortable knowing what could happen during delivery, and my options. Hopefully everything goes well!

An interesting part of the class was when we guessed how much time we'd be spending doing the chores required for a baby. We found that (on average) if you add 12 feedings per day for 30 min per feeding, 8 diaper changes per day for 5 minutes per change, 3 changes of clothes per day for 10 min per change, and holding/comforting/playing for 1.5 hours per day, that you get a total of almost 9 hours spent on baby per day! Then our instructor asked us what that sounds like, and we all said, "A job!" It was funny.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Okay- those clothes are the EXACT reason I am glad I have 2 boys. They are SO stinking cute, I would totally want to buy them all, haha.

    Girl stuff is just so precious.

    AND that 9 hours your teacher quoted really is like 20 hours...I swear...hardest job ever!!

    (Good thing they are so cute, because you think being a teacher pays pretty bad...the mom position is even worse, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to post but my hubby was logged into his google account, lol! When my daughter was born I bought her so many clothes. There are so many more cute things now a days, I would be in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sarah. Nine houra seems awfully low. :-) they sure are worth it, though.

    ReplyDelete