I'm 30 weeks along, yay! Holy cow, that means that I'm 10 weeks away from my due date - scary! (but in a good way)
Okay, so these "kick counts" aren't happening. There's NO way I can concentrate for one hour every day and count how many times Natalie moves - my attention span won't allow it. I forget about what I'm doing quickly and get distracted every time! I even tried just counting for 1/2 and hour, and I still can't stay focused long enough. So I think I'll just let my OB know if the movements seem lower than what I'm used to.
Also, Natalie has started hiccuping - so cute! I noticed (when I was attempting to do my kick counts) that it was a pretty rhythmic "kicking." I had to check my pulse to make sure it wasn't me, and sure enough the beats were slower than my pulse. I just thought that was neat! She'll get hiccups every now and then. She nudges me and bops around more than kicking now-a-days, anyways.
She also has eyelashes now and the head of hair (if any) she'll be born with. She's getting closer to weighing 3 pounds (about the same size of a butternut squash) and is between 14-15 inches long. I hear she's up for a growth-spurt, too! (I actually held up a butternut squash to my belly to compare.) :)
You totally don't have to count for a whole hour. Just make sure she kicks/moves/rolls like 5 times and stop counting.
ReplyDeleteI would do this anytime I sat down to watch tv/after meals/etc. No stress. You will totally realize if she is moving less than usual...then you just have a coke and lay down and usually they just perk right back up.
You are such a good mama already making sure she is so healthy!!
I am not sure I ever sat there for an hour an counted those. So you are way ahead of me! I am sure she is just fine. Plus, hiccups means she is alive and well. So excited to see you soon!
ReplyDelete