Friday, May 6, 2011

Getting Uncomfortable

Natalie doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at around 5 pounds (about the weight of a honeydew melon). She can now reach up under my rib cage, as well as kick my various organs to increase my discomfort. I find myself yelling "OW!" at her sometimes, ha! Heartburn, swollen feet, and tiredness are still my top problems at 35 weeks along.

From here on out, I'll start seeing my practitioner every week! I only have 3 weeks of school left. Technically, she'll be "full-term" in 2 weeks, but hopefully that doesn't mean that she'll come early. We're praying that she waits at least until after Brian's last school band concert (which is in 2 weeks). SO MANY people I've talked to have birthdays in June - it's crazy!

I still have an immense amount of "Thank-You" cards to write from my baby showers and various gift-giving, so that can be my project this weekend. Everyone has been so kind! We are seriously set on clothes and size 1 diapers, for sure! We got to have a fun shopping spree for some of the left-over necessities from our registry this past week, and I've been busy laundering all of her clothes and linens.

We ordered and assembled the dresser and changing table (so we finally have places to put clothes, diapers, blankets, etc), and Brian decorated the walls. He is so wonderful! Things are really coming together as we feel more prepared for her arrival. We almost finished the nursery  - here are some pictures:



We are planning a trip down to Tucson tomorrow to visit my brother and celebrate Mother's Day. I will post more pictures from my last shower later, and maybe some new belly pics.  :)


1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you are uncomfortable. The good news is- every Mom can relate! It is the worst!! Those last few weeks make you just nuts. It is so NOT fun but I promise you won't think about it once Natalie is here.

    The room looks great! You are so prepared!!

    ReplyDelete