Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

As I'm sure you all know, Brian and I are most thankful for Natalie this year. We have been wanting to start a family for many years, and God finally blessed us with a child. It seemed nothing short of a miracle for us, but seemed to make sense to us since we had just started to regularly tithe at church and budget responsibly.
"Bring the full tithe into the storehouse,... And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing." ~ Malachi 3:10



Our first time hosting Thanksgiving dinner was a success! Brian grilled the turkey and it was delicious! Natalie ate some rice cereal just before dinner, but next year she'll be able to eat some of our food with us. My mom made her some really cute bibs, too. Now-a-days, Natalie gets the food EVERYWHERE, mostly because she likes shoving her hand and/or arm in her mouth after each spoonful. Brian mostly feeds her food since I'm in charge of nursing, and he does a great job!


We also found out that she really likes sitting on our bar stools. Cute!


We're trying to use our Bumbo seat more often to help support Natalie as she practices sitting-up, but all she wants to do is grab whatever's on the floor (she drops her toys often). So if I'm just using her Boppy pillow, she'll fall right over onto her belly, and we're back to just tummy time. Oh, well. She'll sit when she's ready.  :)

Here's a picture of her sitting up, but she's about to fall forward (which she did).



Speaking of tummy-time, Natalie can roll and scoot all over the place, and usually works her way to the edge of the blanket so she can feel and play with the carpet. This is often done while I'm sitting on my yoga ball using the computer, and just yesterday I felt this BUMP - she had rolled into my yoga ball and looked confused for a second, but then smiled (as she always does)!


I know I recently talked about my clothes fitting again, but most importantly, my wedding ring finally fits again! I was just wearing another larger ring in the meantime, but it's nice to wear my actual wedding ring.  :)


I tried using the carrier that Brian bought (since he didn't want to use my Moby wrap), but it hurts my back. Natalie sure likes to be held so she can see everything in the room. She's been getting fussy just lying in her pack & play where she can't see anything, unless you hover over her. So if I can't carry her at the time, I'll put her in her highchair so she can watch me cook, clean, or whatever.

We're going to need to take some family pictures soon so we can send out our Christmas photo cards - yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment